Saturday, January 12, 2013

Who's your Representative ??

Who's your Rep

Have you ever been in the company of someone and started imagining what their life might be like based on their CAR, TITLE or maybe their REPRESENTATIVE...yes, their representative. Over the course of this week I have been checking in with friends and was sharing how I was thinking about mom, how I use to envy my mother for her style, her model looks and her awesome abilities as a mom.. My mom was the quintessential "hot mom" she would pick me up from Jr.. High School and teachers or people in general would ask ME if SHE was my sister....it would burn me up!!!  I wanted so much to be like my mom, she was a tall women, (those of you who knew her, know what I'm speaking of) with a slender model frame ( guess that's why she was a model) she had naturally long hair high, and a broad smile. She was a high ranking executive within the federal Government system, traveled back and fourth to Washington D.C. and had power and influence, in the sense of her title. The one thing my mom never did because of her job classification was "flash", even-thought she had the look, power of her position and the smarts, when you met her, you met her!!! Unlike what is common today.. 

Which takes me back to the "representative".  I live in L.A. Where there are as many kept men as there are kept women, where you can see someone who drives a Bentley and lives with their mom, or the most well put together women dripping with designer labels and no bank account. Representatives, come in all forms, ( job title, car, fashion ect.) they are who you have people meet first. Don't get me wrong, representatives are good, they allow us time to decide if we want to engage or not, but what if there is nothing beyond the Rep??? No depth to the story, just a car, just a title ect. Do you think you'd be satisfied, I think not. If your like me, you want your"authentic you" to be just as strong or "bomb" as your representative.

So my question to you is Who 's your Rep? and what are you doing to make the Representative you, the Authentic   YOU ???
Here's your chance to reload ( there's that word) and develop your Rep to look more like the you, your destined to be.. Perhaps now's the time to revamp your look, take on a mentor for career development or get your finances refreshed ? In whatever stage your in, the steps are the same. 
            With the two majors being: 1) Identify where you are and 2) Question where and who do you want to be. 

The Authentic you is always going to be more sustainable and interesting than the representative you, might as well make them one in the same!!!

Let me know how it's going

No comments:

Post a Comment